Friday, April 9, 2010

Laptop Fan

Tonight I decided was a good night for unclogging my laptop fan. It had been increasingly apparent that the fan on my laptop was not at all effective. The fan would run and little to no air would come out the heat sink. Also the laptop was getting really hot. And no one likes hot keyboard sweaty palms. Tonight the do-something-productive-while-you-procrastinate program involved tearing into my laptop at 1AM. 70 minutes start to finish, not too bad and it still works when I put it back together. It runs cooler and the fan is only running when needed now!

4 comments:

  1. 2:30 am hunh.... wow that is some late night wrenching. Very impressive how much cleaner the grill is. Is that a heat sink the fan blows over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah the heat from the processor is supposed to get transferred to the air through those fins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice; I'm thinking it not be a bad plan for me to do likewise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i sneezed when i saw the picture of the dust bunnies.

    ReplyDelete